I was nominated for the Liebster Award and the Blogger Recognition Award (again! *jumps up and down*) in the middle and end of November.
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator has asked you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Let them know you nominated them!
Questions: From my nominator
1. What’s on your Christmas Wishlist this year?
Actually, my family exchanges gifts for Thanksgiving instead of Christmas so I’ll go with what I wanted for Thanksgiving. On my list was a camera lens attachment of my phone, colored pencils, a gift card to 5 below and some other things I can’t remember at the moment…
2. What’s your favourite blog post that you’ve ever written?
3. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Allow me to intro-duce you to myself, beware though because I like extra-vagant settings…. okay, kidding, I’m introverted I guess…. does anyone disagree??
4. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Go back to sleep. Seriously.
5. Describe your perfect day?
*actually sleeps all night* Waking up at eight without being tired, eating a nice sized breakfast. Starting school by nine. Leaving the house within an hour of completing school, going to the library. Reading until my siblings’ naptime. Painting during their resting period. Then, come evening, sitting in the living room with my family laughing and talking…
(This is only slightly off from a normal day in my house)
6. What’s your favourite blog photo prop at the moment?
Definitely faux fur!
7. What’s the best piece of blogging advice you’ve ever received?
What you have to say will always be original (paraphrasing).
8. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Uh…. I don’t know…
9. Who do you wish you could swap lives with for a day?
Ooo…! No one. I’ve come to find that everyone has their struggles and just because someone is doing better in one area doesn’t mean they’re doing okay in all, therefore, I find myself content!
10. What’s your favourite blogging related app/ social media platform?
Pinterest all the way.
11. What’s the first word that comes to mind when you hear the word “Christmas”?
Macy’s (they only seriously advertise during Christmas… can anyone else relate?). Seriously, the first thing that comes to my mind is a picture, so summing that picture up, the word would be Romantic. As in Romantic notions.
It can also be described as, cozy envisions of the holiday season.
Questions: To My Nominees
I’m just going to borrow Annie’s questions…
Blogger Recognition Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 5 other bloggers you want to give this award to and comment on each blog to let them now with a link to your award post.
How My Blog Started:
(I pretty much took this from the last time I did this award…. am I cheating??)
I’ve always enjoyed writing (and talking), but never entertained the idea of blogging until some time late July… The idea came from a couple of blogs I was skimming then. They were really highlighting the perks and thrill of blogging and it started to make me wonder if I could give it a try. Plus, I’ve always had things I’d like to say/share and ways I’d like encourage the girls/kids of my generation but never knew exactly how… so I guess that’s how it started… *shrugs*
Advice For New Bloggers:
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Where you are and where you’re going is always going to be different than others. Just keep doing what you set out to do and you’ll be happier in the long run.
- Interact with others. Make sure you respond to comments and give them out. Make sure to let others know you think they’re doing a great job and let your readers know you appreciate them taking the time to let you know how they feel about you and your blog.
Blame it on cold hands but I can’t decide who to nominate. You all are so wonderful so if you’re a blogger, consider yourself nominated! (Let me know if you are going to do it so I can see your post!)